Friday 1 August 2014

How to Make a Low Budget Documentary Feature: From Idea to Distribution with “Sign Painters”



How to Make a Low Budget Documentary Feature: From Idea to Distribution with "Sign Painters"

When Faythe initially proposed the idea of doing a film about sign painting, I said what many people have said to us over the past four years: "What do you mean, sign painting?" I immediately felt pretty stupid saying that – even as a relatively aesthetically tuned-in person, a person that has always appreciated cool signage, interesting lettering, et cetera, I had never really put two and two together. I had never given much thought to the fact that there was an entire industry of talented tradesmen and women who actually made the signs I had admired for much of my life. My own ignorance was enough motivation for me to say, "Sounds great. Let's do it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment